I am participating in the Seven Things About Me event that you have probably seen around the blogs. However, I promised the person who tagged me that I wouldn't out her, so it's going to be a secret. Don't ask me, I won't tell.
1) My writing spot is a blue recliner in the living room where I can keep an eye on my domain. Seeing as I'm still raising kids (youngest is 16) I need to be in the thick of things or they would take advantage of Mom's eyes-not-in-the-back-of-her-head. I have a laptop which is my life. Oh, is this one, two or three? Okay, it's just one.
2) I love all kinds of music. My favorites are indie, alternative rock and grunge. My kids are rather proud that they have a rockin' mom and say I have influenced what they listen to. I'm not fond of jazz, rap (except late-Eminem) and most hip-hop. Otherwise, I'll listen to anything.
3) However, when I write, I need silence so I can think. I run my sentences and paragraphs through my head, and noise is too distracting. In a pinch, if I can't get silence- because I'm in the living room, damn it- I'll settle for classical music. It doesn't have any words so it isn't as bad.
4) Bringing me to the next revelation. I LOVE to sing. I make CD's of my favorite music and listen to it in the car. I sing in the car. I sing in the shower. I sing making dinner. I sing (with earbuds on) in the living room. I drive my children crazy with my singing.
5) I can't stand television (hence, the earbuds). My most hated genre is reality TV, and I don't know why the producers think people would watch some of the crap they put on there. Okay, I know why- it's for the almighty dollar, but really! How many hoarders, ghost hunter and storage war shows do we need? Don't even get me started on sitcoms and soap operas.
6) My favorite alcoholic beverage is champagne, and a mid-range bottle is good enough for me. There's just something about its tart effervescence. I'd much rather drink non-alcoholic beverages. My favorites in order, I like Coca Cola, limeade, Dr. Pepper, lemonade, orange juice...
7) I am not a pet person. My family has had dogs, cats, birds, fish, goats, chickens, snakes, iguanas and a ferret. We're down to one cat that belongs to my daughter, and I won't miss it for a second when she moves out. Despite what the various pet supply manufacturers say about the efficiency of their products (most lie), I'm ready to do without the fleas, hair, grooming supplies, vet bills and general cost of care. Pets are like grandchildren. They're nice to pet and exclaim how cute they are, but I'm glad when at the end of the day they belong to somebody else.
Here's a bonus answer. I was raised a meat and potatoes girl. I could never be a vegetarian.
So I think that about covers it. I hope you learned something about me that wasn't too boring. Have a great day.